If you suffer from oily skin and acne then this trick may come as a shock. Having good clear skin not only helps with self-confidence but it’s a huge asset to have if you’re a model or actor since acne isn’t anyone’s friend. Check out this trick and how-to clear your skin and rid yourself of acne breakouts.
Our skin is the largest organ in our body and produces oil in order to function properly. When we use harsh or even mild facial cleaners/lotions/products they strip our face of it’s natural oils. Our skin is then forced to compensate by producing more oil. An over production of oil will clog our pores- causing acne-and leave our skin feeling/looking oily.
There are many reasons why our skin can benefit from oil-cleansing.
- Oil dissolves oil
- It will dissolve the oil that has hardened throughout the day and stuck in your pores
- Naturally keeps your skin supple and moisturized
- Easily removes make up
- Cheaper than buying facial products
- It’s a cleanser, make-up remover and moisturizer all in one!
- Helps even out skin tone
- 100% Natural
You can use several different types of oil, but after some comparing, a combination of 70% Castor Oil (Make sure it’s cold-pressed) and 30% Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The reason is because Castor Oil is great at pulling out all of the dirt/build-up, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil is very nourishing and moisturizing. It also has the same PH as human skin.
The routine goes like this:
- Let your faucet run, so the water gets pretty hot.
- Gently rub a quarter size amount on your face for about a minute. Make sure to massage it in and not scrub it.
- Run a washcloth under the faucet. (You want the water to be hot enough, but not too hot where you’ll burn yourself. If it’s to hot I just air it out for a second. This part is important, because it has to be hot enough to cause a steaming effect that helps to remove the dirt form your pores.) Leave the washcloth over your face until it’s cooled down, about a minute.
- Wash your hands
- Gently wipe off the oil using the washcloth.
- Your skin will probably look nice an supple and will probably be a little red from the steam.
You should see even better results the next morning. Your skin will feel so smooth and your complexion will look better. Even acne scars will lighten up after just a few days.
You only need to do this at night. Splash your face with cold water in the morning. If you workout in the morning/afternoon and your skin feels congested wipe it with some Witch Hazel and apply a tiny dab of the oil mixture to keep skin moisturized and from over-compensating in oil production.