Here is what you need to make your own gym at home and workout if you don’t have time or money to join a local gym. It’s good to stay active not only to keep you fit but to act as a mood elevator. Acting and modelling is a tough industry and can be challenging emotionally, so working out even if just at home an help keep your spirits up. Stay positive and here’s what you’ll need to do it.
- TRX Suspension Trainer: This allows you to do thousands of exercises using your body weight and you can anchor it to a door at home. You can check out my review of my favorite TRX class here.
- Bosu Ball stand on it while doing shoulder presses, curls or squats to get an added core bonus or use it for some killer crunches.
- Kettelbell or Kettelbell Set: This is one of the best pieces of fitness equipment out there! You’ll get a cardio burn (up to 20 calories per minute!) plus strengthen and tone every muscle in your body. But make sure you learn how to use it with proper form first so you don’t get injured!
- Dumbbells: It always great to have a few sets of dumbbells at home. I like these since the vinyl covering will help protect your floor from scratches.
- Jumprope: 10 calories per minute…simple, easy, effective cardio in a hurry!
- Bodylastics Resistance Bands: These are a great compliment or alternative to dumbbells and I love this Bodylastics set since it has many different levels of resistance. In fact, you can even stack a few together to really feel the burn! Plus it comes with door anchor attachments and the bands are super strong so you don’t have to worry about them breaking.
- Stability ball: Perfect for core work, sit on it for shoulder presses, lay down for chest work, prop your feet on it for pushups or use it against the wall for squats. It’s an inexpensive accessory that will really amp up your workouts!
Original Post: http://www.fitfabcities.com/2012/04/04/how-to-make-a-home-gym-the-7-best-fitness-accessories/