How To: Get your children to eat their vegetables
Anyone who has kids understands that it takes a lot of skill and a little finesse to get your kids to eat their veggies. Most kids would prefer to dine on a strict diet of sugary and processed goodness. Pleading seems in vain because they tune out when you say, “Please eat your vegetables. They’re good for you.” Eating healthy is majorly important for anyone to live a full and healthy lifestyle but especially in the entertainment industry. Not only do you want to stay fit and healthy so that you can look and feel your best but so that you can have lots of energy to take on roles and last days on sets working.
Number One Lesson- Start Early
- Offer babies variety of baby food and toddlers a variety of veggies and entrees
- Encourage you children to taste everything, but never force them to eat anything
- If you kids reject something keep cooking it; it may take 15 times before they will even taste it but they can eventually acquire a taste.
- Breast feeding for longer than 6 months seems to help prevent picky eaters
Make meal time fun: surprise dinner- mealtime mystery, give a squeeze- preschool tips, uncover the character- colorful spoon and stickers
Number Two Lesson- Make Veggies a Treat
- Add a small amount of sugar to veggies
- Add cheese to broccoli
- Sneak veggies in foods your kids like: use recipes from Deceptively Delicious, or add fruit to cereal, yogurt and Jell-O
- Offer fresh veggies and dip with meal
- Let you kids help prepare meals
Plant a vegetable and garden together with your kids
Number Three Lesson- Become a Great Example
- Make sure you eat fruits and veggies at every meal.
- Stir fry veggies
- Snack on veggies, homemade trial mix or dried fruit
- Serve fruit salad for desert
- Put grated carrots, and fresh or frozen spinach into spaghetti sauce
- Cook a vegetarian dinner one night a week
Original Post: http://wellness-llnl.blogspot.ca/2009/06/how-to-get-you-children-to-eat-their.html