We have been preaching this for years; but it is more important than ever for…
Every once in a while we like to share great advice from others in the industry. This is from Casting Director, Wendy Wright on 13 Things Every Actor Should Know About Becoming an Actor!
1) Now is the best time to get into the industry. There are more networks, platforms and jobs for more types of people now than EVER before.
2) Every Actor started with an blank resume.
3) It’s never too late to start.
4) If you are talented and you work hard you have a real chance for success in this industry.
5) Who you know can help you and what you don’t know can hurt you.
6) Many meetings with agents, managers and casting is just to see if you pass the crazy test.
7) All you need is one right job to put you on the map.
8) Casting Directors hope every actor who walks through the door is the RIGHT person for the job. Casting Directors are your friends, they want you to win.
9) If you never give up and keep showing up you will always meet new people who can give you fresh opportunities.
10) Every actor feels fear at some point in their life or their career. It’s ok. You can overcome it. You deserve a seat at the table.
11) Every actor has a story to tell…and so do you. You have the right to tell your story and your fans will listen.
12) Every artist has their own fans. You may not be everyone’s cup of tea but who cares? Your fans will love you with a fervor.
13) All you need is 1 person to believe in you.