Summer is just around the corner; which means hotter days and busy audition schedules. While you are rushing around it is so important to keep yourself hydrated! Every cell, tissue and organ in our bodies require water to function properly.
If staying hydrated is difficult for you, here are some tips that can help:
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. To reduce your costs and save our planet, carry a reusable water bottle and fill it with tap water or filtered water if it’s available.
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon, lime, orange or even strawberries for added flavour. (If you love strawberries, check out this blog on the benefits of strawberries!)
- Drink water before, during, and after a workout.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight-loss plan. Some research suggests that drinking water can help you feel full.
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. For example, drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Or, drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour. There are even apps that you can download on your smartphone to remind you to drink water!
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. It will keep you hydrated, and it’s free.