- 1.Health & Fitness Tips For A Models & Actors on the Go
- 2.How to Start a Career in Commercial Modeling & Acting
- 3.What Every Agent Want’s to Know
- 4.How To Rock Your Next Go-See
- 5.5 Tips to Build a Great Portfolio or Composite Sheet
- 6.How To Ace Your Next Photoshoot
- 7.Auditioning Tips: What Casting Directors Look For
- 8.Casting Call Do’s & Dont’s
- 9.5 Things to Keep in Your Modeling / Acting Bag
- 10.Skincare: 8 Tips To Maintain Great Skin
- 11.How to Pose for Commercial Modeling
- 12.Modeling Advice: Casting Calls and Go-Sees, What to Wear!
BUILD AN EXERCISE SCHEDULE
Exercise is a vital part of the equation and all you need is 30 minutes a day. It’s not easy, but we recommend getting your workouts done in the morning. If you can cross it off your to-dos early in the day, you’re less likely to bail on it. Pick a specific time and stick to it.
Make the most of the little time you’ve set aside by multitasking. Try this workout from Fitness Magazine that incorporates upper body and cardio:
Hop on the treadmill with 3-5 pound dumbbells in each hand. Do one-minute sets of shoulder presses, bicep curls, triceps extensions, side laterals, front laterals and standing triceps kickbacks as you walk. To make it more challenging add an incline or do two-minute sets.
MAKE NUTRITION A PRIORITY
With any busy lifestyle its tough, striving to eat healthy can be hard work. These tips will help make good nutrition a little easier:
1. Pack A Snack: Throw fruits, nuts or seeds in your model or acting bag; whatever it is make sure it’s healthy. When you’re on the go this will provide you with a healthy snack when there are limited options available.
2. Make A Food Planner: It’s not as tricky as some make it sound. Take 10 minutes at the beginning of the week to make a rough plan of meals based on your schedule. There are tons of great apps out there that can help.
Good overall health also includes a healthy mind. In the hustle and bustle, it’s easy to get caught up and forget to slow down for a second and relax. If you don’t have time for a full yoga class or mediation session, take five minutes to sit in a quiet space and simply relax.
Don’t be afraid to take a quick moment every now and then to look in the mirror and tell yourself how awesome you are. The model and acting industry can be filled with rejection, but don’t get caught up in it. Stay positive by remembering your accomplishments and the things you’ve proud of. A healthy state of mind will manifest itself in your work; if you are truly happy you’ll be able to put your best foot forward in everything that you do.
With a busy modeling or acting career it isn’t always easy to stay healthy and fit. But with a little effort and some planning anyone can lead a healthier more fulfilling lifestyle.